MEDICA is dedicated to exceptional quality and providing the highest level of service.
We have a team of over 250 radiologists who are Fellows of the RCR, hold full GMC registration and a minimum two years’ experience of working in the NHS.
- All MEDICA Radiologists are provided with secure, dedicated full PACS workstations, identical to the reporting workstations that radiologists use in the NHS. A full QA reporting programme is run to ensure that screen quality is maintained.
- Reporting for MEDICA is undertaken in either a home office or reporting centre environment in the UK. Each location is inspected by MEDICA to ensure that appropriate standards are met.
- MEDICA adopts a flexible approach to working patterns. Each radiologist’s sessions will be adapted to their availability and with consideration of their other non-MEDICA work commitments.
- Cross-sectional work (CT/MR) is allocated according to subspecialisation and all radiologists are required to provide evidence of subspeciality working and CPD. This is reviewed annually as part of the appraisal process.
- MEDICA is a Designated Body and its clinical governance is shaped by the requirements of the Responsible Officer Regulations. The Responsible Officer is Dr Stephen Davies, the Medical Director. He is supported by trained appraisers and the clinical governance team.
- MEDICA provides appraisal evidence for NHS appraisal in line with Independent Sector requirements. MEDICA can also undertake the full Revalidation process for Radiologists who work full-time for MEDICA and are connected to MEDICA as a Designated Body.
- All radiologists have access to STATdx Premier which is an invaluable online educational resource, aiding the reporting process.
For recruitment enquiries or to find out more about working for us please click here