MEDICA NIGHTHAWK ticks all the boxes. Leading UK qualified consultant radiologists with NHS experience providing authoritative guidance on emergency cases day or night.
The MEDICA NIGHTHAWK DEPARTMENT provides a team of consultant radiologists, working collaboratively, to deliver a reporting service based on full knowledge of symptoms, imaging and history – and all within 60 minutes or 30 minutes in support of your stroke pathways. Referrers and radiographers can contact our radiologist for discussion or clarification at any time.
Our radiologists are supported within the NIGHTHAWK DEPARTMENT by an in-house support team who are available 24/7/365. Each step in the patient journey is visible to clients in real time. This includes details of exams justified and rejected which allows us to work in partnership with Radiology and their referrers to ensure the service complies with local needs.
The MEDICA radiologist provides an authorised report into your RIS so any clinician in the hospital has access to it. This is fully equivalent to having one of your radiologists right there – appropriate, incisive, accurate diagnostics ALWAYS save your organisation money.
MEDICA NIGHTHAWK is for YOU if:
You need to alter existing job plans to cope with seven day working
Increasing volumes of out of hours emergency work are impacting on your ability to cover the day job too
You want to conform with NICE guidelines for head and neck injuries
You struggle to cope with delivering within National Stroke Guidelines
You find it hard to maintain a service at times of holiday, sickness, study leave, maternity or paternity leave, or during periods of inclement weather
MEDICA NIGHTHAWK offers you:
- Additional capacity to make your seven day working job plans viable
- A full consultation facility for the radiographer and the referring clinician if the examination requested is not covered by protocol
- Telephoned guidance to the referrer – we will call to discuss the findings and help define the optimum next step in patient care
- Cost-effective service and flexible hours of use – if you need us just for the weekends, bank holidays or just for certain days in a year, we are able to respond and provide our highly valued service to you at a moment’s notice
- Guaranteed reporting within 1 hour. We provide both a verbal and fully authorised and transcribed written report into your RIS using the services of our experienced, UK qualified, resident and NHS practising consultant radiologists
- Secure, legitimate, rapid and easy set-up of the service: you can be up and running in days, not weeks or months
- Using our unrivalled experience, we are able to streamline the referral process and firmly establish clear, tailored clinical out-of-hours protocols if you do not currently use or have them
- Access to 24*7*365 MEDICA support engineers who are there to help ensure service continuity when you are not there, no matter what
So, no worries about affording, handling or planning on-call ever again…let MEDICA take the strain – we’re here to help.
What Our Customers are Saying:
“MEDICA provide a good service. NightHawk provides reports quickly and transferring images is noticeably faster than the provider we had been using. Our clinicians have always been happy with the quality of reporting.”
Radiology Operational Manager, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust